Mens Velez Evolution Hybrid Smock
The Velez Evolution is for outdoor enthusiasts and professionals who are active in mild and extreme winter conditions.
If you enjoy activities such as mountaineering, mountain walking, backpacking, trekking and ski-touring you need a versatile jacket that keeps you dry during activity and in adverse weather conditions.
The Velez Evolution delivers full winter weather protection and mountain performance. However, the extensive and innovative ventilation options can be adjusted to extend the wear well beyond these winter months.
The Velez Evolution has extensive and innovative ventilation, a helmet compatible hood, internal back reinforcement for use with a large pack and an articulated fit.
- Full length two way twin front zips and forward facing arm vents for adaptable core ventilation
- Carefully designed articulation that allows complete freedom of movement and virtually no hem lift when reaching
- Rucksack, harness, helmet and glove friendly through ingenious design and componentry
- Twin zip design and forward facing arm vents offer excellent ventilation options for optimum temperature control
- Large “dry” zipped drop pocket and an external twin zipped tunnel hand warming pocket.
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by a fully adjustable, securable helmet compatible hood.
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows with stretch articulation panels allow maximum freedom of movement.
- Easy push up sleeves with bite tab closure for adjustment on the go.
- Scooped tail with elasticated adjustable hem for improved lower back protection.
- Pack and harness compatible.
- 11 Reflective flashes positioned around the jacket to present an outline when illuminated.
The Velez Evolution Jacket is a multi-season, high energy piece which delivers full winter and mountain performance but can be adapted to provide an extremely well ventilated garment. It can be worn in a number of ways to suit your activities and conditions. The Nikwax Analogy waterproof fabric guarantees hard-wearing weatherproofing and perspiration removal providing huge versatility and top mountain performance.
How will your Páramo® garment outperform breathable membranes?
Nikwax Analogy fabrics are not only extremely breathable, they are directional too. This means that water, both liquid and vapour, is directed outwards, ensuring your insulation remains protected.
Although breathable membranes allow moisture vapour to pass through them, they do nothing to transport liquid water. Therefore, when the production of sweat exceeds the Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate, or when the external temperatures drop, condensation (the change of water from vapour to liquid) will build up in breathable membranes.
Nikwax Analogy is so durable you could puncture a Páramo waterproof with pins, remove them, and still stay dry in the rain! Unlike coated or membrane-based garments, our directional clothing can be easily repaired, without compromising future performance.