Mens Velez Adventure Smock
The Men's Velez Adventure Smock is designed to be used for a wide range of outdoor activities, including walking, cycling, climbing and snow sports. Full directional waterproof performance gives weather protection and perspiration removal and is combined with excellent ventilation via Páramo’s unique front twin zip design. A roll-away hood with wired peak plus generous easy access pockets enhance its suitability for a broad spectrum of activities.
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by fully adjustable roll-away hood with wired peak.
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement and optimum fit.
- Two-way twin front zips with inner, poppered baffles allow venting for maximum temperature control even on the move.
- Easy adjust velcro cuffs with BiteTab closure.
- Double-layer lining either side of spine and on shoulders, for technical rucksack use.
- Cropped front for maximum freedom of movement.
- Drop tail with hem draw-cord for lower back protection.
- Reflective piping (front and back) for maximum visibility.
- Single hand adjustment throughout.
- Large ‘dry’ zipped chest pocket for OS maps, snacks, compass, etc.
- Inner ‘dry’, zipped pocket for storage and hand-warming – also fits an OS map.
- Highly Commended by Country Walking
In what kind of weather conditions can I use my Velez Adventure Smock?
Your Smock has been tested in the Leeds University Rain Room to resist at least 4 hours of heavy rain at approximately five times the intensity of normal UK rainfall and you can use it throughout the year in cold or wet conditions.
Because the fabric system offers significant insulation when the ventilation zips are closed, this is not the best garment to use in hot conditions. In that case we would recommend a Nikwax® Windproof combined with a Parameta® T+ baselayer, to optimise breathability and cooling. For full weather protection, swap the baselayer for a Nikwax® Fleece.