Mens Halkon Traveller Jacket
The Halkon Traveller is for outdoor people who need quick access to essential equipment.
Activities including nature watching and photography in warm weather, and summer travelling, require lightweight weather protection and the capacity to carry essential equipment securely.
The Halkon Traveller has been carefully engineered to distribute weight across the whole shoulder area, while 15 pockets allow equipment to be easily accessible. The Nikwax Cotton+ fabric provides UV (UPF 50+) protection in a quiet, lightweight and quick drying travel jacket.
The Halkon Traveller provides secure storage while protecting the wearer from sun, wind and biting insects.
- Secure, easily accessible storage from 15 well-placed pockets.
- Even weight distribution and comfort when loaded provided by an engineered shoulder yoke.
- Access to external and internal pockets when wearing a pack hip strap is maintained by allowing the strap to pass behind the front of the jacket through two-way vents in the side seams, which also provide direct cooling.
Nikwax Cotton+ is a tough yet lightweight fabric that provides sun and wind protection.
Nikwax Cotton+ is a blend of cotton with synthetic fibres. By combining the best properties of both fibres, Nikwax Cotton+ offers the comfort and durability of cotton with the lightweight, fast drying characteristics of a modern synthetic. The close weave of these fibres provides excellent protection from the wind and combines with the fibre properties to block harmful UV rays (UPF 50+).
To enhance the performance of the fabric, Páramo recommends washing your Cotton+ garment with Nikwax Cotton Proof after cleaning it with Nikwax Tech Wash®. This will reduce the water absorbency and speed up the drying time of the fabric.
- 15 pockets for essential equipment:
- Two gusseted chest pockets, both with internal pen pockets
- Two zipped map pockets on the chest
- Two gusseted, expanding hip pockets
- Two handwarming pockets
- Two zipped, internal pockets
- Two internal drop pockets
- One zipped memory card pocket on the lower sleeve
- Engineered yoke distributes weight to minimise neck discomfort
- Two-way vent zips allow full use of the garment when using pack hip straps
- Fully articulated shoulders and back pleats allow for complete freedom of movement
- High, fleece-lined collar to protect from optic and camera straps
- Cuffs, with hook & loop fastenings, easily push up for cooling and deter insects
- Two-way front zip, with chin guard, allows for ventilation and access to inner layers
- Internal waist drawcord for optimum fit
In what weather conditions can I use my Halkon Traveller?
The Halkon Traveller provides lightweight wind and UV protection (UPF 50+) so is ideal for warm weather activities. If treated with Nikwax Cotton Proof, the fabric’s water absorbency will be reduced, speeding up the drying time of the garment. Because the fabric is not fully waterproof, this garment is not suitable in heavy rain. In that case we recommend a Nikwax Analogy® or Nikwax Duology® waterproof system.